Online Medical Marijuana Card and Renewal FAQ
Is marijuana legal in Iowa?
No. Recreational marijuana is illegal in the state of Iowa.
Can I get an Iowa medical marijuana card online?
Yes, MMJ.com is able to service Iowa patients online or via telephone. If you are 18 years of age or older, a resident in Iowa, and have one or more of the qualifying medical conditions, you might be eligible for an MMJ card today! We offer a 100% money back guarantee in the event you do not receive an MMJ card recommendation.
Is medical marijuana legal in Iowa?
Yes, Iowa has a legal medical marijuana program readily available for Iowa patients.
What are the qualifying medical conditions in Iowa to receive an MMJ Card?
An Iowa resident may qualify for Iowa’s Medicla Cannabidiol Program if their Healthcare Practitioner certifies they have one of the following Qualifying Debilitating Medical Conditions:
- Cancer – if the illness or its treatment produces one or more of the following: severe or chronic pain, nausea or severe vomiting, cachexia or severe wasting.
- Crohn’s disease
- Chronic pain
- Multiple Sclerosis with severe and persistent muscle spasms
- AIDS or HIV (as defined in Iowa Code, section 141A.1)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Any terminal illness with a probable life expectancy of under one year – if the illness or its treatment produces one or more of the following: severe or chronic pain, nausea or severe vomiting, cachexia or severe wasting
- Ulcerative colitis
- Severe, intractable pediatric autism with self-injurious or aggressive behaviors
- Severe, intractable autism with self-injurious or aggressive behaviors
- Corticobasal Degeneration
How do I register with the Iowa medical marijuana program?
First and foremost, you must meet with an MMJ doctor and receive a recommendation after completing your evaluation.
Steps from the state of Iowa once you receive your recommendation.
Mobile Registration Process
You can apply for your Medical Cannabidiol card using your smartphone or mobiel device. Our registration site is optimized to be used by any mobile device! Similar to our online registration, the steps for mobile application are below:
- Visit your physician to have your condition certified
- Apply for your card at our online registration site.
- Take photos of your Healthcare Practitioner Certification Form and driver’s license
- From your camera roll, select the photos you’re sending with your applications, and submit.