Frequently Asked Questions
Hello, how can we help?
Online Medical Marijuana Card and Renewal FAQ
What pharmacies are actively selling medical marijuana in Louisiana?
- Region 1 Metropolitan: H&W Drug Store, Inc.
- Region 2 Capitol: Capitol Wellness Solutions, LLC
- Region 3 Teche: Green Leaf Dispensary, LLC
- Region 4 Acadian – The Apothecary
- Region 5 Southwest: Medicis, LLC
- Region 6 Central: The Medicine Cabinet Pharmacy, LLC
- Region 7 Northwest: Hope Pharmacy, LLC
- Region 8 Northeast: Delta Medmar, LLC
- Region 9 Southeast: Willow Pharmacy, LLC
You are able to choose the pharmacy you would like to enroll in after you receive the Louisiana MMJ doctor’s certification.
What are the 9 pharmacy regions to buy medical marijuana in Louisiana?
The nine regions and their associated parishes are:
- Acadian: Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, St. Mary and Vermilion parishes.
What are the qualifying medical conditions to get a Louisiana medical cannabis card online?
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
Cachexia or wasting syndrome
Hospice or palliative care
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Severe muscle spasm
Spinal muscular atrophy
Traumatic brain injury
Any debilitating condition if a physician believes a patient will benefit
What is the fee Louisiana medical marijuana card patients must pay to the state to apply for their medical card?
There is no state registration fee. The total out of pocket fee for the doctor’s evaluation and certification processing is $149.99.
How do I get a medical marijuana card in Louisiana?
First and foremost, patients must schedule an appointment to complete the medical marijuana doctor’s evaluation online or over the telephone at the appointment time.
Next, the patient will review the 9 pharmacy locations and select a location they would like to enroll in.
Finally, the doctor will fax the certification to the pharmacy location of your choice allowing you to access the pharmacy and purchase your medical marijuana.
How much medical cannabis can a Louisiana medical marijuana card holder possess?
Louisiana medical marijuana card holders are able to possess up to a 30-day supply of medical cannabis.
Can I use Louisiana medical marijuana in public?
No. It is illegal to consume medical cannabis in public places.