Online Medical Marijuana Card and Renewal FAQ
Is recreational marijuana legal in Maine?
Yes. Both medical marijuana and recreational cannabis is legal in Maine for adults 21 and older.
Can I get a Maine medical marijuana card online?
At this time, MMJ.com does not service patients in Maine. In the event Maine allows patients to receive their medical marijuana card recommendations and renewals online, MMJ.com will service patients living in Maine.
Do I need a medical marijuana card in Maine?
Yes. Medical marijuana patients seeking the benefits of holding a medical marijuana card in Maine have many benefits. Here are a few of the many reasons why patients in Maine should consider receiving a medical marijuana card online:
- Sales tax range from 0-5% in most medical marijuana states
- Higher possession limits
- Access to more qualified medical marijuana dispensaries
- Supervision of a medical doctor is important for patients who are seeking the medicinal benefits of medical cannabis. Patients are able to schedule virtual follow up visits to better assess their medicinal marijuana usage and potential harm or benefits.
Is medical marijuana legal in Maine?
Yes. Medical marijuana is legal in the state of Maine. Medical cannabis patients are required to get evaluated by a medical marijuana doctor to receive a MMJ card recommendation or renewal.
What are the qualifying medical conditions to receive a medical cannabis card or renewal in Maine?
Maine medical marijuana card holders must have one or more of the following medical conditions to receive a medical marijuana card recommendation or renewal:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Chronic pain
- Crohn’s disease
- Hepatitis C
- HIV or AIDS
- Huntington’s disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Nail-patella syndrome
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- *Legislation (LD 1539) approved on July 9, 2018 amends the state law so that a physician at his or her sole discretion may recommend cannabis to any patient for which he/she believes it will benefit. The new law takes effect 90 days after the close of the 2018 special legislative session.