Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Doctors (PA) are online and available to complete your medical marijuana card evaluation. You are able to meet with a PA DOH certified medical marijuana card doctor in Pennsylvania at the comfort of your home! It is that simple. The process in order to receive your PA MMJ card or renewal includes online registration for the PA DOH.
Do I need to see a Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Doctor?
Yes, the PA DOH requires a PA MMJ patient to complete an evaluation by a fully certified Pennsylvania medical marijuana doctor in order to receive a certification to register with the Pennsylvania medical marijuana card program.
How long is a PA MMJ card appointment?
Pennsylvania medicinal marijuana doctors tend to have their own unique approach to completing an MMJ card evaluation. A full telemedicine MMJ card evaluation can take between 5-15 minutes given many scenarios. The doctor will review the potential side effects of medicinal cannabis and any questions you may have. Our MMJ doctor’s goal is to evaluate and educate PA MMJ patients. In addition, our support staff is available by email 24/7 to do their best in assisting you with the PA DOH registration.
How can I renew my Pennsylvania medical marijuana card?
It is a simple process! The Pennsylvania Department of Health has done an amazing job at streamlining the MMJ card renewal process. You will need to complete an evaluation by a fully certified PA DOH medical marijuana doctor in Pennsylvania, but this is completed online! Once the appointment completes and you receive your approval, the doctor will submit the certification to your patient account at the PA DOH. When it is accepted, you will receive an email from the PA DOH to complete your registration and pay the $50 renewal fee directly to the state program.
What are the qualifying medical conditions? https://www.pa.gov/guides/pennsylvania-medical-marijuana-program/
Only patients suffering from one of the following medical conditions can participate in Pennsylvania’s medical marijuana program:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Anxiety disorders.
- Cancer, including remission therapy.
- Crohn’s disease.
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the central nervous system (brain-spinal cord) with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity, and other associated neuropathies.
- Dyskinetic and spastic movement disorders.
- HIV / AIDS.
- Huntington’s disease.
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
- Intractable seizures.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Neurodegenerative diseases.
- Opioid use disorder for which conventional therapeutic interventions are contraindicated or ineffective, or for which adjunctive therapy is indicated in combination with primary therapeutic interventions.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain.
- Sickle cell anemia.
- Terminal illness.
- Tourette syndrome.
How much does it cost to get a Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Card?
There are two fees in order to receive a PA medical marijuana card.
- Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Doctor appointment fee. MMJ.com charges $149.99 for an appointment to receive your PA MMJ card certification.
- PA DOH patient registration fee for both new patients and renewal patients.
Once you have been certified by an approved PA MMJ physician (MMJ.com), the next step is to return to the Medical Marijuana Registry and complete your application for a medical marijuana ID card.
The cost of a medical marijuana ID card is $50. Patients who participate in assistance programs including Medicaid, PACE/PACENET, CHIP, SNAP, and WIC may be eligible for fee reductions.
Visit MMJ.com/Pennsylvania and click, “Get MMJ Card” to begin your medical marijuana journey!