What is telehealth (telemedicine)?
Telehealth is a way to visit with healthcare providers, such as your doctor or nurse practitioner using real-time video and chat.
You can talk to your provider from any place, including your home. You don’t go to a clinic or hospital.
How do I use telehealth?
- You talk to your provider by phone. computer, or tablet.
- Most of the time, you will use video so you and your provider can see each other.
How does telehealth help me?
- You don’t have to go to a clinic or hospital to see your provider.
- You won’t risk getting sick from other people.
- You can visit with a medical provider quickly and efficiently at the comfort of your home.
Can telehealth be bad for me?
- You and your provider won‘t be in the same room, so it may feel different than an office visit.
- Your provider may make a mistake because they cannot examine you as closely as at an ofﬁce visit.
- Your provider may decide you still need an in—person office visit.
- Technical problems may interrupt or stop your visit before you are done.